Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Felix Meschberger <fm...@adobe.com> on 2012/12/03 07:38:06 UTC

[WebConsole] Update to JQuery and JQuery UI

Hi all,

I have updated JQuery to 1.8.3 and JQuery UI to 1.9.2 (thanks Henry Saginor for the patch). It looks like everything still works (there was a minor issue with the bundles table ordering which was exposed by the update I already fixed).

There may, of course, still lurk some incompatibilities ... So please, report. Thanks.

With the update I also created a "debug" build profile. The regular builds (see separate message) include minified versions of JQuery, JQuery UI and the JQuery UI CSS to reduce bundle size and network load. To help debugging UI related issues, the "debug" build includes non-minified versions to help in client-side debugging.

Regards
Felix

Re: [WebConsole] Update to JQuery and JQuery UI

Posted by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl>.
On Dec 3, 2012, at 7:38 AM, Felix Meschberger <fm...@adobe.com> wrote:

> With the update I also created a "debug" build profile. The regular builds (see separate message) include minified versions of JQuery, JQuery UI and the JQuery UI CSS to reduce bundle size and network load. To help debugging UI related issues, the "debug" build includes non-minified versions to help in client-side debugging.

Hopefully jquery will soon [1] start supporting "source maps" [2], which would allow us to always just use the minified version.

Greetings, Marcel

[1] http://bugs.jquery.com/ticket/12886
[2] http://www.html5rocks.com/en/tutorials/developertools/sourcemaps/