Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Me Myself and I <st...@live.co.uk> on 2012/12/07 11:42:00 UTC

Question about POI java lib 3.9 final release.

-I am having trouble getting the file contents of either the .tar.gz or .zip file
from the main page.  I will try again in a day.

-Has anything been done about the lack of the ability to insert new Images from file
into a word document (HWPFDocument) at a particular CharacterRun point with the image class

org.apache.poi.hwpf.usermodel.Picture
?

-Altering The name of a org.apache.poi.hwpf.usermodel.CharacterRun  's font is still a problem.
CharacterRun only has the following to specify the String of a font's name:

public void setFtcAscii(int ftcAscii)

public void setFtcFE(int ftcFE)

What would I specify for these?  Where is the Class that
holds the field names and values of the particularly desired int argument?

Or are the values written in the source code as comments?

?

RE: Question about POI java lib 3.9 final release.

Posted by Me Myself and I <st...@live.co.uk>.
It's okay, in reply to my first question, I needed to click one further on the web page

That was all, one problem fixed!

Posted by Yegor Kozlov <ye...@dinom.ru>.

Re: Questions about new raised bugs/features.

Posted by Nick Burch <ap...@gagravarr.org>.
On Wed, 12 Dec 2012, Me Myself and I wrote:
> I have raised new to requested updates
>
> #54272
> #54273
>
> When does someone typically begin implementation?

When someone with the time and interest gets to them, could be days, could
be years... If these matter to you, I'd once again strongly advice you to
try to work on them yourself. We're all volunteers here!

> Is it possible to get an email notification when progress begins on
> these two requests on the bug list?

If you reported the bug, bugzilla will email you when it changes

Nick

Questions about new raised bugs/features.

Posted by Me Myself and I <st...@live.co.uk>.
I have raised new to requested updates

#54272

#54273

When does someone typically begin implementation?  Is it possible to get

an email notification when progress begins on these two requests on the bug list?

RE: Serious Questions about apache POI for java 3.9 release

Posted by Nick Burch <ap...@gagravarr.org>.
On Mon, 10 Dec 2012, Me Myself and I wrote:
> Is the system picking them up, and are they visible?

Yup, I saw the bugzilla emails go past on dev@

Next step is for you to start working on them...! [MS-DOC] is the place to
start reading about the .doc file format:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc313153%28v=office.12%29.aspx

Nick

RE: Serious Questions about apache POI for java 3.9 release

Posted by Me Myself and I <st...@live.co.uk>.
I have added bug/feature reports numbers

#54272

#54273

Posted by Nick Burch <ap...@gagravarr.org>.
On Mon, 10 Dec 2012, Me Myself and I wrote:
> I don't know how to put an item formally on the list.

The bug list and wanted enhancements are all tracked in bugzilla:
http://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?product=POI

> I was hoping someone would realise something about this issue and fix it
> in some way.

Everyone here is a volunteer. People use Apache POI in a surprisingly
large number of different ways, so what matters to one person may not
matter to the next. If an area of the codebase isn't getting the attention
from other contributors that you hoped for, then the easiest way to
resolve that is to roll your sleves up and jump in to helping!

Nick

RE: Serious Questions about apache POI for java 3.9 release

Posted by Me Myself and I <st...@live.co.uk>.
I don't know how to put an item formally on the list.  I was hoping
someone would realise something about this issue and fix it in some way.

What do I do to get the Image issue and the Font issue listed?

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@apache.org>.