Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Désilets, Alain <Al...@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca> on 2021/03/22 19:55:30 UTC

Setting failure tolerance on maven jmeter plugin goal

I am using the maven jmeter plugin to run a test plan. I want to configure the test plan and/or the maven goal in such a way that the maven goal will NOT fail unless to total number of failures exceeds a number N.

How do I do that? Is there a way to specify different numbers for different
samplers?

Thx.

--

Alain Désilets
alain.desilets@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca<ma...@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca>

Research Officer                 Agent de recherche
National Research Council        Conseil national de recherches du Canada
Digital Technologies Research    Centre de recherche en technologies
Center                           digitales

Bldg M50                         Édifice M50
1200 Montreal Road, Ottawa       1200 Chemin Montréal, Ottawa
K1A 0R6                          K1A 0R6

Re: Setting failure tolerance on maven jmeter plugin goal

Posted by Jmeter Tea <jm...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

You can try to use JMeter AutoStop plugin
https://jmeter-plugins.org/wiki/AutoStop/
"AutoStop used when you want to stop test on some runtime criteria.
Currently 3 criteria available: average response time, average latency and
error rate"
You can add JMeter plugin to maven
https://github.com/jmeter-maven-plugin/jmeter-maven-plugin/wiki/Adding-Excluding-libraries-to-from-the-classpath
"You can add any additional Java libraries to JMeter's lib/ext directory by
using the <jmeterExtensions> configuration element"
You can ignore stopping at first failure by default
https://github.com/jmeter-maven-plugin/jmeter-maven-plugin/wiki/Test-Results-File-Format#6
" If you don't want the maven execution to stop you can tell the plugin to
ignore failures using the <ignoreResultFailures> configuration"

Posted by "glinius@live.com" <gl...@live.com>.
As of current  JMeter Maven Plugin version 3.3.0
<https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/com.lazerycode.jmeter/jmeter-maven-plugin/3.3.0>
it is not possible, you can try raising an enhancement request via  Issues
<https://github.com/jmeter-maven-plugin/jmeter-maven-plugin/issues>  section

In the meantime you can consider running your JMeter tests using  Taurus
<https://gettaurus.org/>  tool as the wrapper, Taurus provides flexible and
powerful  pass/fail criteria subsystem
<https://gettaurus.org/docs/PassFail/>   allowing applying various multiple
conditions to either overall test scenario or individual samplers

More information:  Running Your Load Tests With Test Failure Criteria - A
Guide
<https://www.blazemeter.com/blog/running-your-load-tests-with-pass-fail-criteria-a-guide>

--
Sent from: http://www.jmeter-archive.org/JMeter-User-f512775.html