Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Sen, Kakoli" <Ka...@ps.net> on 2006/08/28 13:46:31 UTC

Jmeter proxy recording cookies

Hi all,
    I am recording requests to an HTTP site which uses cookies, through JMeter's proxy. But the proxy does not seem to record the cookies. Is that so?
   Then how do I test a web-site having cookies? I intend to use the Cookie Manager with hard-coded cookie values, which I thought would be automatically recorded by the proxy.

Regards,
Kakoli

Re: Jmeter proxy recording cookies

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
The proxy manager does not record cookies as these can change with each run.

You can see the cookie values in the View Tree Listener.

All you need to to is to add the Cookie Manager, and then JMeter will
handle the cookies automatically.

RE: TPN POSSIBLE SPAM:Jmeter proxy recording cookies

Posted by Alex Turner <Al...@Project-Network.com>.
Sen,

If you run the proxy with a tree viewer, then you get the cookies turning up in the recorded headers.  You can then copy these over to the cookie manager.

AJ

Alexander J Turner Ph.D.
www.deployview.com
www.nerds-central.blogspot.com