Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Sebastien Arbogast <se...@gmail.com> on 2005/04/16 16:53:26 UTC

Spring and Cocoon ?

Hi,

I don't know Spring very well. I have an idea of what it does but I
would like to know what is the  contribution of Spring when used with
Cocoon ? Do you think it's interesting for me to learn more about
Spring ? Is it easy to integrate with Cocoon ? I saw the Petstore
sample on Cocoondev but from the developer point of view, what are the
advantages ?

Thx in advance

--
Sebastien ARBOGAST

Re: Spring and Cocoon ?

Posted by Sebastien Arbogast <se...@gmail.com>.
Ok so now I'm trying to integrate Cocoon, Spring and Hibernate together.
Do I still need to manage my SessionFactory throught the manipulations
explained in
http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/CocoonAndHibernateTutorial ? Since it
appears that I can manage my Hibernate session from Spring.
Could someone try to give me an overview of how the integration
between those three layers should be made ? I know that I could try to
analyse CHS sample but I'm having troubles building it with Cocoon
2.1.7.
I'm trying to use AndroMDA to generate my Hibernate and Spring files
and the only thing I need to make my project work is to make the link
between those files and Cocoon.

Thank you very much in advance.

--
Sebastien ARBOGAST

Re: Spring and Cocoon ?

Posted by Laurent Perez <ha...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sébastien

It is very easy to lookup Spring-enabled objects (= javabeans) from
Cocoon's Flow, perform operations on them, then inject them, for
example, in a JXTemplate or CForm, then "unroll" your retrieved
objects into the jx/form.

It lets you build and reuse clean separate entities, for example a
retail store application isn't always opened on weekdays (service),
when it's not, it's perhaps because an inventory (data access) is
being ran on what's being sold here (datasource).

>From the developer pov, Spring accelerates your application
development. Consider it as a rock solid data access/service layer,
easily exposable to your flowscripts. You just shouldn't want to
perform every logic code into flow.

Laurent