Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by JavaJosh <jo...@joshrehman.com> on 2006/06/16 10:09:40 UTC

Suggestion to modify mailing list instructions in the FAQ

Suggestion that the website change. Under the section "Where can I ask
questions about XSLT?"

  http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/faq.html#faq-N10025

there are links to the user and dev archives:

  http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xalan-dev&r=1&w=2
  http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xalan-j-users&r=1&w=2

but not to an actual link that would show them how to subscribe

  http://xml.apache.org/mail.html#xalan-j-users

I highly recommend changing this because it's plain wrong: one cannot
actually ask questions of MARC. One can only do searches (and relatively
painful because you're only allowed one term, apparently. My own search
for "Provider org.apache.bsf.BSFManager not found" was shortened to
"provider".)

Regards,
Josh