Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/24 18:40:33 UTC

OpenEJB reconfiguring log4j settings in trunk?

I think some OpenEJB code in trunk is reconfiguring the log4j
settings. For example, when I start the server (with logging enabled)
first I see nicely formatted log messages (i.e. <timestamp> <debug
level> <class> <msg>) but after some OpenEJB code is loaded the log
message format changes to <debug level> <message>.

When I enable debugging for log4j I see the following:

log4j: Reading configuration from URL
file:/home/jgawor/target/geronimo-tomcat6-jee5-2.1-SNAPSHOT/var/log/server-log4j.properties
and then
Reading configuration from URL
jar:file:/home/jgawor/target/geronimo-tomcat6-jee5-2.1-SNAPSHOT/repository/org/apache/openejb/openejb-core/3.0.0-SNAPSHOT/openejb-core-3.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar!/embedded.logging.properties

In branches/2.0 the log4j properties file is loaded once and
everything seems to work as expected.

Jarek

Re: OpenEJB reconfiguring log4j settings in trunk?

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
Thanks for reporting this.  We'll have to find a way to disable that
functionality.  There's some work being done on that code now, so as
soon as those patches are committed we can add some more to make it
so it can be disabled.

-David