Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by "Weston M. Price" <wp...@redhat.com> on 2012/05/13 17:19:39 UTC

Eclipse formatter, templates etc

I rarely use Eclipse, and one of the reasons is the work that's required to setup everything to conform to the Apache code conventions. I have tried a few times, but I can never actually seem to get it just right. Does someone on the project have an example of the Eclipse cleanup, formatter templates? I didn't find any in the source tree. Also, if there is a template for Apache committers as a whole that I am not aware of that would be good to know. If we do get an example, maybe we can check it into the tree that way if we needed to create a new workspace it could conveniently be imported. Also, probably would be helpful for new committers as well.

Regards,

Weston

Re: Eclipse formatter, templates etc

Posted by "Weston M. Price" <wp...@redhat.com>.
On May 14, 2012, at 3:59 PM, Robbie Gemmell wrote:

> There is a basic syntax template in the tree at
> qpid/java/etc/code_style.xml althought I must admit to having never
> used it, so I can't say how accurate it is to the code style page
> (https://cwiki.apache.org/qpid/java-coding-standards.html).
>
> I mostly self-format, the main thing I use Eclipse for is ensuring
> correct indentation, for which you really need to make sure the
> different 'Use spaces for Tabs' type options are updated accordingly.
> There are at least 2 of those, I'm not sure if they all fall into the
> settings file or not.

Excellent! Just pulled it into a new Eclipse workspace and it seems pretty complete.  As you said though, the 'Use spaces for Tabs' setting still needs to be set manually.

Regards,

Weston

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.