Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Siddhartha Kattoju <sk...@cloudops.com> on 2019/09/17 03:45:13 UTC

Re: Apache Roadshow India in 2020?

Hello All,

I saw some discussion about deciding on a venue for the apache roadshow in
India. I'm not sure if this has already been decided.. In any case I would
like to advocate for Goa as a venue.

Don't think it can compete in terms of being a financial hub or have a
large tech company presence however it is a very nice place to visit and
will motivate people to convince their bosses to send them. It definitely
has nice weather. In terms of local support I noticed that the Goa
Engineering Collage FOSS club organized a Debian event recently
https://debutsav.in/

I have cc'd them to see if they would like to get involved. I was not able
to find the equivalent BITS Goa and IIT Goa mailing lists. ApacheCon was a
really great experience for me personally and I would like my fellow Goans
to experience the apache way as well. They are a talented bunch! (not to
exclude the other higher ed institutions [1])

[1]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_institutions_of_higher_education_in_Goa

Best Regards,

Sid

*Sid Kattoju*

Cloud Software Architect | Professional Services

c 514.466.0951

* <https://goo.gl/NYZ8KK>*

P.S. My selfish reasons behind this are that the feb time frame aligns with
my biennial visit the parents trip and I don't want to go to Gurgaon (no
offence to the Gurgaon people). That said happy to help organize.