Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com> on 2003/02/12 07:01:55 UTC

LogKit release

Guys,

W'd like to ship James v2.1.1 (we've voted for release).  To do so we need
LogKit v1.2 to be released.  Do you have enough votes?  It appears so.

	--- Noel

Re: LogKit release

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Leo Simons wrote:
> Noel J. Bergman wrote:
>
>>> just grab the jar from RC7 and use that.
>>> It'll be exactly the same bits
>>

>> I hope that you mean that literally.  No timestamp changes, no recompile,
>> *exactly* the same binary.
>

> Well, Berin is in charge of the release, so it kinda depends on him. If
> it were me (and I think that's the appropriate thing to do, and probably
> what Berin is going to do), it's simply going to be a
>
> cp -Rfp ~bloritsch/logkit-dist/* \
>     /www/www.apache.org/dist/avalon/logkit/v1.2/
>
> so the answer is "yes", but non-authoritive.

yep.

Re: LogKit release

Posted by Leo Simons <le...@apache.org>.
Noel J. Bergman wrote:
>>just grab the jar from RC7 and use that.
>>It'll be exactly the same bits
>
> I hope that you mean that literally.  No timestamp changes, no recompile,
> *exactly* the same binary.

Well, Berin is in charge of the release, so it kinda depends on him. If
it were me (and I think that's the appropriate thing to do, and probably
what Berin is going to do), it's simply going to be a

cp -Rfp ~bloritsch/logkit-dist/* \
	/www/www.apache.org/dist/avalon/logkit/v1.2/

so the answer is "yes", but non-authoritive.

cheers,

- Leo

RE: LogKit release

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.

Re: LogKit release

Posted by Leo Simons <le...@apache.org>.
Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> Guys,
>
> W'd like to ship James v2.1.1 (we've voted for release).  To do so we need
> LogKit v1.2 to be released.  Do you have enough votes?  It appears so.

yep (not "official" yet tho'). just grab the jar from RC7 and use that.
It'll be exactly the same bits :D

cheers,

- Leo

Re: LogKit release

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> Guys,
>
> W'd like to ship James v2.1.1 (we've voted for release).  To do so we need
> LogKit v1.2 to be released.  Do you have enough votes?  It appears so.

Yes.  We do.  Officially, we have to wait until Monday.  We will make
the proper announcement when it is finally done.  In the mean time,
I am sick, so I am focusing my energies on getting better.  THe morning
is the only time I have enough energy to go online ATM.