Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Chip Calhoun <cc...@aip.org> on 2017/02/08 14:54:27 UTC

Queries in new Solr version not finding results I'd expect

I'm testing a new setup, Solr 5.5.3 indexed from Nutch 1.12. I'm comparing it against my production instance, Solr 3.3.0 and Nutch 1.4. The new search misses some results that the old one got.

If I search for the word "optician", the old results include a result which the new one misses. The document in question is indexed by the new Solr; I can find it using other search terms. The content field for this document, stored in the new Solr, does clearly include the word "optician". Why wouldn't it turn up? Where do I start looking?

As an aside, thank you to everyone who's replied to my questions the past few weeks. I don't want to clog the listserv with a lot of short "thank you" posts, but I do appreciate it.

Chip Calhoun
Digital Archivist
Niels Bohr Library & Archives
American Institute of Physics
One Physics Ellipse
College Park, MD  20740
301-209-3180
https://www.aip.org/history-programs/niels-bohr-library

Re: Queries in new Solr version not finding results I'd expect

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.
Does splainer.io against the two reveal any differences ?

Tom

Posted by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com>.
I would start looking at the flow of your content (original fields,
copyField instructions) and at the fields you are actually searching
(df or fl). If you can add 'echoParams=all' to both queries and see
the difference, it may help a lot.

Regards,
   Alex.
----