Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by ax...@sol.dk on 2004/09/10 08:19:30 UTC

Subversion login with current windows username and password (SSPI)

Hi,

I'm running Subversion on an Apache server with the WebDav module and using
SSPI authentication.

Is it possible to get Subversion to login with the current windows user
(not using the unsecure auth cache)?

Thanks in advance.

Alex

Here is the same question posted at TortoiseSVN's mailing list:

axel5@sol.dk wrote:

> I'm running Windows 2000 and have problems with TortoiseSVN not saving
the
> authentication data (encrypted).
> It just keeps prompting for username and password.

We know. That bug got fixed one day after RC1 came out.

> I'm running Subversion on an Apache server with the WebDav module and
using
> SSPI authentication.
> What I really would like TortoiseSVN to do, is to try to login with the
> current windows user, which also would make the above problem irrelevant.

That's not something TortoiseSVN can do. It's Subversion's task, or
better the neon library.

Stefan

Få din egen webmail på http://www.sol.dk - gratis og med dig overalt!

Re: Subversion login with current windows username and password (SSPI)

Posted by James Chaldecott <ja...@swythan.co.uk>.
axel5@sol.dk wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm running Subversion on an Apache server with the WebDav module and using
> SSPI authentication.
>
> Is it possible to get Subversion to login with the current windows user
> (not using the unsecure auth cache)?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>

> Alex

Like Mark said, this would require Neon to support SSPI. I looked at
this once but didn't get far (not least because I wasn't trying very
hard). See my reply to a previous question here:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.subversion.devel/50075

The Kerberos apparently works quite well already as long as you're using
active directory (which I'm not). I gathered this from replies to the
same thread on *this* (i.e. subversion-user). Unfortunately I can't find
those on Gmane.org so I'll let you find them yourself if you can. AFAIK
the subject line was the same (the thread started on devel and moved to
user).

James

RE: Subversion login with current windows username and password (SSPI)

Posted by Mark <ma...@msdhub.com>.

Like Stefan said, Neon doesn't support SSPI (and I'd guess never will). I
think that there's a patch somewhere for some platform that enables Kerberos
for some version of Neon, but I don't think it's for windows, and I don't
really understand the relationship between Kerberos and SSPI.

Mark