Posted to user@shiro.apache.org by dgv <de...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/07 21:32:20 UTC

WebUtils.redirectToSavedRequest fails in Tomcat 7

Hi,

I have a shiro protected application what works just fine on Weblogic. I
moved the application onto Tomcat and noticed that
/*WebUtils.redirectToSavedRequest(request, response, "/index.jsp");*/ no
longer works. I call that after the user has been successfully logged in and
should be taking me to index.jsp.

however i noticed that using
*/request.getRequestDispatcher("index.jsp").include(request, response);/*
works fine.

Has anybody else experienced the same issue? I'm using Struts 1.3 on Tomcat
7.

Thanks
DGV

Re: WebUtils.redirectToSavedRequest fails in Tomcat 7

Posted by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org>.
Yep - the redirect only sets the flag on the request - you have to break
processing at that point to ensure it is performed.

--
Les Hazlewood | @lhazlewood
CTO, Stormpath | http://stormpath.com | @goStormpath | 888.391.5282

Posted by dgv <de...@gmail.com>.