Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Aaron Brashears <gi...@gila.org> on 2001/03/03 00:05:51 UTC

Connection pooling with PostgreSQL

After reading and responding to a recent post about postgres, it
dawned on me that postgresql should the support jdbc2.0 calling
mechanisms which include connection pooling. In an effort to find out
how to set it up, and use it with Tomcat 4.0b1, I downloaded the
source code to the jdbc2 driver for postgresql 7.0.3.

I searched through the souce code, but only found references to pooled
connections in the XA classes and not a javax.sql.PooledConnection
implementation. This leads to a few questions:

* Has anyone used pooled connections with postgresql 7? How did you call it?

* Has anyone set up postgresql to work in harmony with tomcat through
jndi? How did you accomplish it?

Thanks.