Posted to user@metron.apache.org by "Zeolla@GMail.com" <ze...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/26 12:29:42 UTC

BSides LV/DEF CON

I would love to meet up with other people planning to use or currently
using Metron or anything similar.  Will anybody be at BSides LV or DEF CON
this year?  I should be at both, and depending on the interest level maybe
we can do an evening get together.  I'll be hanging out at the Ground Truth
track @ BSides almost all of both days as well.

Jon
--

Jon

Re: BSides LV/DEF CON

Posted by "Zeolla@GMail.com" <ze...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Last call for anyone interested in meeting up this week in Vegas.  After
this I'll be taking discussions off the mailing list.  Thanks,

Jon

On Tue, Jul 26, 2016, 22:03 Raffael Marty <ra...@pixlcloud.com> wrote:

> I’ll be out there for 10 days as well, teaching a security analytics, big
> data, and visualization class: http://bit.ly/1SIs8oi
>
> Let me know when and where you’ll meet.
>
>   raffy
>
> —
>
>   Visual Analytics Workshop at #BlackHat US in August:
> http://bit.ly/1SIs8oi
>
>   Raffael Marty
>   VP Security Analytics @ Sophos
>   @raffaelmarty
>

> > On Jul 26, 2016, at 8:33 AM, Zeolla@GMail.com <ze...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Awesome, sounds good.  I posted on the forums in two different places
> due to the apparent low volume of things there.  Details will come out once
> we know how many people and when.
> >
> > Jon
> >
> > On Tue, Jul 26, 2016 at 8:37 AM Seiffert, Kurt A <se...@iu.edu>
> wrote:
> > I’ll be at DefCon next week. I would love to hook up with fellow Metron
> users. IU is just starting to look at this. So you have a +1 at least. How
> about posting something in the DefCon forums to coordinate a meetup?
> >
> > Kurt A. Seiffert, GCFA
> > University Information Security Office
> > Indiana University
> > seiffert@iu.edu
> >
> > Wisdom consists in being able to distinguish among dangers and make a
> choice of the least harmful. — Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince
> >
> >> On Jul 26, 2016, at 8:29 AM, Zeolla@GMail.com <ze...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> I would love to meet up with other people planning to use or currently
> using Metron or anything similar.  Will anybody be at BSides LV or DEF CON
> this year?  I should be at both, and depending on the interest level maybe
> we can do an evening get together.  I'll be hanging out at the Ground Truth
> track @ BSides almost all of both days as well.
> >>
> >> Jon
> >> --
> >> Jon
> >>

> > --
> > Jon
> >

> --

Jon

Re: BSides LV/DEF CON

Posted by Raffael Marty <ra...@pixlcloud.com>.

Re: BSides LV/DEF CON

Posted by "Zeolla@GMail.com" <ze...@gmail.com>.
Awesome, sounds good.  I posted on the forums in two different places due
to the apparent low volume of things there.  Details will come out once we
know how many people and when.

Jon

On Tue, Jul 26, 2016 at 8:37 AM Seiffert, Kurt A <se...@iu.edu> wrote:

> I’ll be at DefCon next week. I would love to hook up with fellow Metron
> users. IU is just starting to look at this. So you have a +1 at least. How
> about posting something in the DefCon forums to coordinate a meetup?
>
> Kurt A. Seiffert, GCFA
> University Information Security Office
> Indiana University
> seiffert@iu.edu
>
> Wisdom consists in being able to distinguish among dangers and make a
> choice of the least harmful. — Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince
>
> On Jul 26, 2016, at 8:29 AM, Zeolla@GMail.com <Ze...@gmail.com> <
> zeolla@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I would love to meet up with other people planning to use or currently
> using Metron or anything similar.  Will anybody be at BSides LV or DEF CON
> this year?  I should be at both, and depending on the interest level
> maybe we can do an evening get together.  I'll be hanging out at the Ground
> Truth track @ BSides almost all of both days as well.
>
> Jon
> --
>
> Jon