Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Joe Vieira <jv...@clarku.edu> on 2008/10/06 17:43:35 UTC

local rule doesn't hit

Hi,

    I am pretty new at writing local rules, and since we've been getting
a lot of targeted phishing emails i've been writing some rules to stop
them ( running them thru the public corpus's after i write them )

    I have a rule body __LOCAL_IT_SPOOF_1 m'account
(?:verification|expire|detail|expiration)'i

and the message which i am trying to match is (this is just a snip)

Dear Subscriber,
This mail is to inform all our {.EDU} users that we will be upgrading
our site in a couple of days from now, So you as a Subscriber of our
site, you are required to send us your Email *account detail*s so as to
enable us know if you are still making use of your mail box. Further
be informed that we will be deleting all mail account that is not
functioning so as to create more space for our new users. So you are
to send us your mail account details which are as follows:

so from my thinking that should match the bold section...spamassasin -D
does't show the rule being hit at all...

any ideas?

SpamAssassin version 3.2.4
  running on Perl version 5.8.8

Thanks,
Joe Vieira

Re: local rule doesn't hit

Posted by Joe Vieira <jv...@clarku.edu>.
I know they are indirect, in debug mode it shows __ rules that hit as
well. other non-scored rules do hit.

Joe

Re: local rule doesn't hit

Posted by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>.