Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by StanleyH <st...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/24 23:42:54 UTC

how do I consume message but still leave a copy on queue?

Hi,  I am writing a voicemaill application. i'm trying to figure out how to
download a message from the server without consuming it? is it possible?
consume always remove the message from the queue.
Does QueueBrowser allow a message to be retrieved or it is just browsing the
headers?

stanley

Re: how do I consume message but still leave a copy on queue?

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 8/24/06, StanleyH <st...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,  I am writing a voicemaill application. i'm trying to figure out how to
> download a message from the server without consuming it? is it possible?
> consume always remove the message from the queue.
> Does QueueBrowser allow a message to be retrieved or it is just browsing the
> headers?

Use a queue browser. It gets all the messages on the queue matching
the subscription (destination + optional selector) but does not remove
any messages
--

James
-------