Posted to users@maven.apache.org by dan tran <da...@gmail.com> on 2005/11/23 03:55:46 UTC

release:prepare optional build step

Hello, At my shop, we do daily realease using maven-release-plugin.
Currently maven makesure the source is buildable before perform the label.
Then at the perform step, maven builds again.

Is it reasonable to have maven skips the build at prepare step.
This way we can cut down the build time ( in half) ?

We can introduce a doPrepareBuild  field which defaults to true.

-D

Re: release:prepare optional build step

Posted by dan tran <da...@gmail.com>.
It turns out, the prepare step never do the build ( i missed read it).

-D

Posted by Trent Rosenbaum <tr...@gmail.com>.
Hi there,