Posted to user@helix.apache.org by Sandeep Nayak <os...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/16 07:09:39 UTC

Helix 0.6.2: HelixManager start

The javadocs
http://helix.apache.org/javadocs/0.6.2-incubating/reference/org/apache/helix/HelixManager.htmlstate
that after connect I should invoke start on the helix manager
instance.

However, I dont see the start API on the HelixManager, does the connect do
the start part too?

Thanks,

Sandeep

RE: Helix 0.6.2: HelixManager start

Posted by Kanak Biscuitwala <ka...@hotmail.com>.
A good place to put this code is in a pre-connect callback (which is added before calling connect). This callback will be invoked after there is an active connection to ZK, but before you are registered with the cluster (e.g. creating a live instance node as a participant, or trying to become the leader as a controller).

Kanak

Posted by kishore g <g....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sandeep Nayak <os...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kanak Biscuitwala <ka...@hotmail.com>.