Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de> on 2016/11/13 16:50:47 UTC

[PROPOSAL] Google+

My proposal for Google+:

Until things are cleared with Infra I would like to volunteer as "owner"
of our Google+ account.

I would like to:

 - change the background graphic
 - post a link to the press release for 4.1.3
 - post a link to the release notes for 4.1.3
 - post a permanent (pinned) link to the download page for AOO
 - delete the dead link to identi.ca (http://identi.ca/apacheoo)

And in the near future I would like to post our celebration of 2,000,000
downloads! ;-)

I would then give my personal Google+ account administration rights, so
that the owner can be changed at any time.

What's your opinion?

regards, Matthias

Re: [PROPOSAL] Google+

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
That is of course 200,000,000 downloads... ;-)

Re: [PROPOSAL] Google+

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Thank you!

Already did post there in the past.

I'm having a great time at the UbuCon... ;-)

regards, Matthias

Re: [PROPOSAL] Google+

Posted by Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@apache.org>.

--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina

Re: [PROPOSAL] Google+

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 11/17/2016 08:55 PM, schrieb Matthias Seidel:
> Thank you for your confidence!
>
> The work is done for the moment:
> https://plus.google.com/+openoffice

great, thanks for your changes. That was really fast.

Marcus

Re: [PROPOSAL] Google+

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.

Re: [PROPOSAL] Google+

Posted by Peter Kovacs <le...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: [PROPOSAL] Google+

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Re: [PROPOSAL] Google+

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hello Marcus,

Am 16.11.2016 um 22:43 schrieb Marcus:
> Am 11/16/2016 12:17 PM, schrieb Matthias Seidel:
>>
>> I am eagerly awaiting a decision.
>>
>> Then it takes me about 5 minutes to make the changes... ;-)
>
> it's not at Ariel alone to decide what to do now. It will be a
> decision that comes from all of us.
>
> Mostly it's in a style of "great proposal, just do it this way".
> However, it's of course also possible that we agree on a compromise.

I did not mean Ariel alone, but a decision in general. ;-)
As he wanted to discuss it on private@ I was not "up to date" ;-)

> Back to your proposal:
> Anybody else with opinions?
> If not, it's now the question if the acccount admin should be a PMC
> member or not. In any case Matthias can still be the account manager -
> or one of more that can be added in the future.
>
> Marcus

Rob only needs a Google id to set a new owner. This new owner can then
set new manager(s)...
It would be the best if a PMC with a Google id would be that. I think
Ariel is also moderator of the Google+ Apache Community?

Matthias

BTW: Friday to Sunday I will be off to visit the "UbuCon Europe" in
Essen. Is anyone around to have a beer/talk? ;-)

Re: [PROPOSAL] Google+

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.

Re: [PROPOSAL] Google+

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hello Ariel,

Re: [PROPOSAL] Google+

Posted by Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@apache.org>.
On 13/11/16 19:13, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>>> I would like to volunteer as "owner" of our Google+ account.
>> IMO it should be owned by a PMC member, to be agreed on private@;
>> once agreed on that, you can be added as manager.
>
> This would still allow Matthias to carry out all the activities he
> listed, right? I mean, beside the (correct) formalities about
> governance all the plan would still hold regardless of the role of
> Matthias as owner or manager.

Yes, the only difference is that only the page owner can add or
remove managers, a manager can remove only himself as manager from
a page.

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina

--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina

Re: [PROPOSAL] Google+

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Re: [PROPOSAL] Google+

Posted by Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@apache.org>.
Hi Matthias,

Re: [PROPOSAL] Google+

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 11/13/2016 05:50 PM, schrieb Matthias Seidel:
> My proposal for Google+:
>
> Until things are cleared with Infra I would like to volunteer as "owner"
> of our Google+ account.

for people not that familiar with Google+, it's about this account:
https://plus.google.com/+openoffice

> I would like to:
>
>   - change the background graphic
>   - post a link to the press release for 4.1.3
>   - post a link to the release notes for 4.1.3
>   - post a permanent (pinned) link to the download page for AOO
>   - delete the dead link to identi.ca (http://identi.ca/apacheoo)

+1 for all the thinks.

> And in the near future I would like to post our celebration of 2,000,000
> downloads! ;-)

Yeah, my crystal ball [1] shows me that it could be next week.

> I would then give my personal Google+ account administration rights, so
> that the owner can be changed at any time.
>
> What's your opinion?

Great, thanks a lot for volunteering. With the time we can then see how
to setup the administration of the account to more people.

[1] http://www.openoffice.org/stats/downloads.html

Marcus