Posted to dev@samza.apache.org by Ajo Thomas <aj...@gmail.com> on 2022/12/21 17:46:30 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Samza 1.8.0 RC0

Hey All,

This is a call for a vote on the release of *Apache Samza 1.8.0.*
Thanks to everyone who contributed to this release.

The release candidate can be downloaded from here:
https://home.apache.org/~ajothomas/samza-1.8.0-rc0/
The release candidate is signed with pgp key *1A4639DA*, which is included
in the repository's KEYS file:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=samza.git;a=blob_plain;f=KEYS and
can also be found on keyservers:
https://keyserver.ubuntu.com/pks/lookup?search=ajothomas%40apache.org&fingerprint=on&op=index
<https://keyserver.ubuntu.com/pks/lookup?search=ajothomas%40apache.org&fingerprint=on&op=index>

The git tag is *release-1.8.0-rc0* and signed with the same pgp key:
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=samza.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/release-1.8.0-rc0
<https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=samza.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/release-1.8.0-rc0>

Test binaries have been published to Maven's staging repository, and are
available here:
<https://repository.apache.org/#stagingRepositories>
Repository: orgapachesamza-1095 (org.apache.samza)

Please download the release candidate, check the hashes/signature, build it
and test it, and then please vote:
[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

Please note that check-all.sh was run and integration tests *were not *run
as there are some issues with the legacy zopkio library used for
integration testing. However, most of the key features being released as a
part of this release have been tested and are currently used in many of our
production jobs at LinkedIn. hadoop/yarn3 changes have been tested with
https://github.com/apache/samza-hello-samza which brings up yarn 3,
zookeeper and kafka clusters locally for testing.

Thanks,
Ajo

Re: [VOTE] Apache Samza 1.8.0 RC0

Posted by Yi Pan <ni...@gmail.com>.
(+1) binding,

Downloaded the src tarball, run check-all.sh and passed all tests.

One thing noticed: there are configurations for your personal keys used for
publishing the jars checked in gradle.properties. I don't think that we
need to include that in the published src tarball.

Otherwise, lgtm.

Thanks a lot!

-Yi

Re: [VOTE] Apache Samza 1.8.0 RC0

Posted by Xinyu Liu <xi...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding).

Re: [VOTE] Apache Samza 1.8.0 RC0

Posted by Bob S <bo...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Downloaded and built the tarball.
Check-all passed.
Integration tests passed.
verified md5, sha signatures.

verified asc signature:

gpg --verify apache-samza-1.8.0-src.tgz.asc

gpg: Signature made Wed 04 Jan 2023 07:52:24 AM PST using RSA key ID
1A4639DA

gpg: Good signature from "Ajo Thomas <aj...@apache.org>"

gpg:          There is no indication that the signature belongs to the
owner.

Primary key fingerprint: AF44 8973 1BFB 4012 4744  CD35 B734 327E 1A46 39DA