Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Austin Bennett <wh...@gmail.com> on 2019/01/03 20:39:19 UTC

Re: Beam Summits!

Hi Matthias, etc,

Trying to get thoughts on formalizing a process for getting proposals
together.  I look forward to the potential day that there are many people
that want (rather than just willing) to host a summit in a given region in
a given year.  Perhaps too forward looking.

Also, you mentioned planning London wound up with a tight time window.  If
shooting for April in SF, seems  the clock might be starting to tick.  Any
advice for how much time needed?  And guidance on getting whatever formal
needed through Apache - and does this also necessarily involve a Beam PMC
or community vote (probably more related to the first paragraph)?

Thanks,
Austin

Re: Beam Summits!

Posted by Reza Ardeshir Rokni <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Are there any other folk here based out of Singapore, or APAC in general?

Cheers
Reza

Re: Beam Summits!

Posted by Austin Bennett <wh...@gmail.com>.
Great, Nicholas!

I've started assembling the formal proposal.  Let's get in touch to figure
out how much you want to be involved.  We'll certainly get a call for
volunteers together and can use all the help we can get!

Austin

P.s. are you local to SF?  If yes, let's Meetup at least at the Feb 7 beam
Meetup.  Also am happy to grab coffee/drink/lunch/etc in the next week or
so -- message me off list to arrange.

Re: Beam Summits!

Posted by Nicholas Audo <na...@naudo.de>.

Re: Beam Summits!