Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Gavin Mabie <ga...@urbannex.co.za> on 2010/11/05 12:01:05 UTC

Field order/position

Hi all

I have attempted to change the field position in a form to move it to the
form top by using <field position="1" ..../>.  When I call the form up, the
field is still in the original position - I have also tried to move the
<field/> tag physically up the list - but it is still shown in the old
position.  I have also clear all caches - but no luck.  What am I not doing
or doing wrong?

Gavin

RE: Field order/position

Posted by Gavin Mabie <ga...@urbannex.co.za>.
That's done it - Thanks.

> Le 05/11/2010 12:01, Gavin Mabie a écrit :
>> Hi all
>>

>> I have attempted to change the field position in a form to move it to the
>> form top by using<field position="1" ..../>.  When I call the form up,
the
>> field is still in the original position - I have also tried to move the
>> <field/>  tag physically up the list - but it is still shown in the old
>> position.  I have also clear all caches - but no luck.  What am I not
doing
>> or doing wrong?
>
> Hi,
>
> position on a field is for displaying fields on a same line. If you want
your field at the top of your form, you just have to
> write it first in your form definition.

It's mostly used for grouping fields, but you can also use <sort-order>, to
re-order. There are plenty of examples OOTB

Jacques

> Another thing, when dealing with XML forms/screens/etc..., there is
generally  no need to restart or clear cache.

Re: Field order/position

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
From: "Erwan de FERRIERES" <er...@nereide.fr>

RE: Field order/position

Posted by Gavin Mabie <ga...@urbannex.co.za>.
Hi,

Thanks for the prompt response - I have moved it right to the top in the
form def - but it still appears in the original position.

Thanks

Gavin

Re: Field order/position

Posted by Erwan de FERRIERES <er...@nereide.fr>.