Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by mas suhaila <ms...@yahoo.com> on 2003/10/09 06:05:11 UTC

Class problem

Hi,

I have Tomcat 4.1.27 and j2sdk1.4.2 installed. I'm using Win 2000.

I have tried to create a form and I use a java class(UserData.java) to store the information collected from the form. My form page and Display.jsp page is in TOMCAT_HOME\webapps\ROOT\. The UserData.java is stored in TOMCAT_HOME\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\classes\com directory. I have compiled it and get UserData.class stored in the same directory. I have added something in web.xml file in TOMCAT_HOME\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\web.xml
which are

<servlet-name>userdata</servlet-name>
<servlet-class>com.UserData</servlet-class>

I run my tomcat and open my form page and put in some data. The next page should display the data I have provided earlier. Unfortunately I get this error message

type Exception report

message

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: /Display.jsp(0,4) Invalid directive

What is actually wrong here? Any idea?

Thanks.

Re: Class problem

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
Its your JSP (Display.jsp) which is bad cand can't be compiled.

-Tim