Posted to dev@sentry.apache.org by Bruno Quinart <bq...@icloud.com> on 2017/02/05 12:24:11 UTC

Sentry roadmap

Hi dev

Is there a roadmap to a new version of Sentry available?

It seems there is a lot of work going on (for example related to HA).
However, just based on the wiki and the mailing list, it's hard to understand what is done or how much further work is needed.

I am personally interested in SENTRY-711 (grant role to user). That one got closed in April last year, but it didn't make the 1.7.0 release of June.

What are the key features that need to be finished before a new release?

Thanks!
Bruno

Re: Sentry roadmap

Posted by Alexander Kolbasov <ak...@cloudera.com>.
> On Feb 5, 2017, at 4:24 AM, Bruno Quinart <bq...@icloud.com> wrote:
>
> Hi dev

Hi Bruno,

> Is there a roadmap to a new version of Sentry available?

Sentry HA is a major new feature, but there is no particular reason preventing a new release of Sentry cut before that if there is a critical mass of features.

> It seems there is a lot of work going on (for example related to HA).
> However, just based on the wiki and the mailing list, it's hard to understand what is done or how much further work is needed.
>
> I am personally interested in SENTRY-711 (grant role to user). That one got closed in April last year, but it didn't make the 1.7.0 release of June.

This one is interesting. I looked at the design doc attached to SENTRY-711 and I have some questions about the design. In particular, how would Sentry users and Unix/LDAP users be kept in sync?

> What are the key features that need to be finished before a new release?
>
> Thanks!
> Bruno

Thanks,

- Alex