Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Eduard Sirota <Ed...@noosh.com> on 2004/05/27 00:13:51 UTC

axis 1.2 with JDK 1.4.2 ignores BeanInfo specification

Hi All,

I have been using axis 1.0 with jdk 1.4.1 . To control the attributes
and methods of a bean that should be serialized by axis, I have
registered BeanInfo classes with java.beans.Introspector. Everything
worked fine. Now I am looking forward to moving to axis 1.2 and jdk
1.4.2. So, the test went fine with axis 1.2 and jdk 1.4.1. However when
I tried axis 1.2 and jdk 1.4.2, I started getting serialization errors
saying that I don't have certain beans registered with axis. However,
axis shouldn't have serialized those beans in the first place since the
methods that return those beans are not open in the BeanInfo class. It
seems to me that because of some issue, axis is unable to use the
BeanInfo class, and instead introspects the class on its own, calling
unwanted methods.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Eddie.