Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by John Cavacas <jo...@johncavacas.com> on 2003/08/11 20:59:02 UTC

Unable to compile class for JSP error in Tomcat 5.0.7

Hi,

This is my first time trying Tomcat 5.0.7, i'm already familiar with tomcat 4.

I tried to run a simple JSP, then the Struts struts-blank.war application,
and i keep getting this error:

..snip..
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: -1
	org.apache.jasper.compiler.SmapStratum$LineInfo.setOutputLineIncrement(SmapStratum.java:124)
...snip..

I've looked in bugzilla for a bug report, but didn't find anything related
to this.

I just recently upgraded to JDK 1.4.2, but I'm not experiencing any
problems with any other Java related application.

Any help or insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,
John