Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Michael Hausl <mi...@hausl.com> on 2003/01/09 14:18:26 UTC

Looking for OpenSource Java report tool

Hello,

I don't know if it is right to ask this question here, if not I am very
sorry, but hope there are some people at Apache Jakarta might know an
anwser.

I am looking for an open source Java reporting tool with client side
printing. I guess I surfed the whole web for that, but I was not able to
find something. All I could find are commercial libraries (mostly very
expensive). Printing appears to be not very attractive for Java
developers.
But for a fully enabled business application (that's what I do) printing
is one of the most important features to customers. Every workaround
like producing PDFs and store them in the file system or servlet
generated reports in HTML is not satisfying. Usually customers want to
create their own reports with their CI,...
I guess I needn't say anymore.

Is there anyone who can tell me of a library which meets all those
criteria?

Thanks in advance
Michael

Re: Looking for OpenSource Java report tool

Posted by Geoff Longman <gl...@intelligentworks.com>.
May this is what you are looking for?

http://blogs.cocoondev.org/stevenn/archives/000631.html

Geoff