Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by "Edward L. Knoll" <ed...@cosd.fedex.com> on 2004/08/27 16:19:39 UTC

Xalan-J : Transformation chaining question.

We are chaining some XSL transformations together with the primary goal
of serializing an intermediate (XML) product to a file to optimize
optional/future processing.   I've looked at the Pipe and UseXMLFilters
examples, however, I don't see how I can split/copy the output of an
intermediate stage, so I can both (a) serialize it to a file and (b)
performance an additional transformation on it.

I've tried using DOMSource and DOMResult classes, but I haven't figured
out how to turn a DOMResult into a DOMSource (if that's even doable).

Does anyone have recommendations/experience regarding whether this can
be accomplished and, if so, how?

Thanks,
Ed Knoll

--
Edward L. Knoll   Phone (FedEx)     : (719)484-2717
                  e-mail (FedEx)    : edward.knoll@fedex.com