Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Michael Shea <mi...@nitido.com> on 2010/01/29 21:10:38 UTC

info.license

Hi folks,

I am trying to automate the collection and use of license files in my
build process. eg, suppose I have project A which depends on the modules
apache/commons-lang and apache/commons-logging. I need to include both
of these licenses in project A somehow when I distribute it.

I've seen this:
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/latest-milestone/ivyfile/license.html

I'm now wondering how best to use it. Presumably, I should modify the
ivy.xml for all the modules that have licenses, and add in the <license>
tag as a first step =). Is there anything built in to Ivy to retrieve
the data from the specified URLs? Perhaps I need to write something to
parse the Ivy XML reports and retrieve all the licenses?

Alternatively, I have considered possibly doing this using <conf
name="license" description="License files"/>, and associating the
license files for each project with that configuration. That seems like
it'd be kind of irritating to implement though.

Anyone have any suggestions for me?

Thanks,

Mike.

Re: AW: info.license

Posted by Eric Anderson <ea...@palantirtech.com>.
The <description> tag allows for any arbitrary XML tags within it. I assume this is to let you type up HTML descriptions. We use this to include custom license tags for attribution and such.
Eric Anderson
Palantir Technologies | Engineering Team Lead
eanderson@palantirtech.com | 520.440.3773

On Jan 31, 2010, at 9:53 PM, <Ja...@rzf.fin-nrw.de> <Ja...@rzf.fin-nrw.de> wrote:

> See also
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVY-893