Posted to dev@groovy.apache.org by Søren Berg Glasius <so...@glasius.dk> on 2020/01/26 20:23:21 UTC

GR8Conf & JDK IO Call For Paper is open

Hi,

For the past 11 years, GR8Conf has provided a high-quality conference
experience for the tight-knit Apache Groovy programming language community.
To expand the reach of the conference, encourage cross-pollination across
the JVM, and share some of the logistical overhead, in 2020 we are joining
forces with JDK IO - an annual conference run by the Danish Java user group
covering technologies relevant to the entire JVM. The new, joint event
GR8Conf & JDK IO will take place at the same location as in previous years,
the IT University of Copenhagen, from June 2nd to 4th 2020. The conference
has a global outreach, where last years edition had attendees from 25
countries world wide.

You can read about our Call for Papers here: https://gr8conf.eu/cfp. If you
are in a hurry here is the TL;DR version:

The audience is interested in All Things Groovy and Java. Timeslots are 15
or 50 minutes, workshops three hours. Technical talks are preferred. We
love code! Promotional/commercial talks will be rejected. T&E is covered
for speakers (restrictions apply), unless of course your company can and
will pay! Speakers will get a complimentary VIP conference pass and an
invitation to speakers dinner. We have a Code of Conduct. You really should
read the full page ;-)

You can submit your talks here: https://cfp.gr8conf.org - please note, that
this is an encouragement to submit a talk, not a promise that you will get
a speaker slot at the conference.

We are also open for sponsorships, in case your company is interested.
Should that be the case, please let me know who to contact. Thank you.

Thank you for your attention.

Best regards / Med venlig hilsen,
Søren Berg Glasius

Hedevej 1, Gl. Rye, 8680 Ry, Denmark
Mobile: +45 40 44 91 88, Skype: sbglasius