Posted to commons-dev@ws.apache.org by Jeremy Hughes <hu...@apache.org> on 2006/07/14 17:37:08 UTC

XmlSchema.targetNamespace initialized to "DEFAULT" - should be null

Hi, I have a problem round tripping this schema ...

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsd:schema xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
	<xsd:attribute name="test" form="unqualified"/>
</xsd:schema>

it outputs this:

<xsd:schema xmlns="DEFAULT"
attributeFormDefault="unqualified" elementFormDefault="unqualified"
targetNamespace="DEFAULT">
<xsd:attribute form="unqualified" name="test"/>
</xsd:schema>

Is there a reason XmlSchema.targetNamespace is initialized to
"DEFAULT" and not null. If I initialize to null I get the correct
schema (without xmlns or targetNamespace declarations).

Just wanted to get some feedback before I fix.

Thanks,
Jeremy