Posted to common-commits@hadoop.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2008/12/15 08:36:10 UTC

[Hadoop Wiki] Update of "Running Hadoop On Ubuntu Linux (Single-Node Cluster)" by parthpatil

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Hadoop Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by parthpatil:
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Running_Hadoop_On_Ubuntu_Linux_%28Single-Node_Cluster%29

The comment on the change is:
corrected the download link

  == Installation ==

- You have to [http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/lucene/hadoop/ download Hadoop] from the [http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/lucene/hadoop/ Apache Download Mirrors] and extract the contents of the Hadoop package to a location of your choice. I picked {{{/usr/local/hadoop}}}. Make sure to change the owner of all the files to the {{{hadoop}}} user and group, for example:
+ You have to [http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/hadoop/core/ download Hadoop] from the [http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/hadoop/core/ Apache Download Mirrors] and extract the contents of the Hadoop package to a location of your choice. I picked {{{/usr/local/hadoop}}}. Make sure to change the owner of all the files to the {{{hadoop}}} user and group, for example:

  {{{
    $ cd /usr/local