Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Justin Mason <jm...@jmason.org> on 2010/09/26 22:05:26 UTC

Re: Page LalatojVyreqi deleted from Spamassassin Wiki

btw, the thing about these spam pages is the attachments; I think they
become indexed in Google.  so it's important to ensure they're
deleted, as they will survive even without the page they're supposedly
attached to.

Posted by Sidney Markowitz <si...@sidney.com>.
Karsten Bräckelmann wrote, On 27/09/10 1:09 PM:
> (a) Is there any feature in moinmoin wiki to simply get a list of all
>     attachments, for further clean-up of dangling stuff? Still indexed
>     and accessible you say...
>
> (b) Do we even need attachments? Did we ever use it? Any chance to
>     disable this?

See http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/HelpOnConfiguration/FileAttachments
for more than you want to know.

Re: Page LalatojVyreqi deleted from Spamassassin Wiki

Posted by Karsten Bräckelmann <gu...@rudersport.de>.
On Sun, 2010-09-26 at 21:05 +0100, Justin Mason wrote:
> btw, the thing about these spam pages is the attachments; I think they
> become indexed in Google.  so it's important to ensure they're
> deleted, as they will survive even without the page they're supposedly
> attached to.

Ugh. Not much of a wiki guy myself, and usually try to avoid it in favor
of solving issues on mailing lists and get the solution indexed by
search engines -- wait, I digress -- but this raises some questions.

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <KM...@PCCC.com>.
  On 9/26/2010 4:05 PM, Justin Mason wrote:
> btw, the thing about these spam pages is the attachments; I think they
> become indexed in Google.  so it's important to ensure they're
> deleted, as they will survive even without the page they're supposedly
> attached to.
>
> On Sun, Sep 26, 2010 at 14:05, Apache Wiki<wi...@apache.org>  wrote:
>> Dear wiki user,
>>
>> You have subscribed to a wiki page "Spamassassin Wiki" for change notification.
>>
>> The page "LalatojVyreqi" has been deleted by KevinMcGrail.
>> The comment on this change is: Spam.
>> http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/LalatojVyreqi

Thanks.  I've done this for the past two pages I deleted.  I just
assumed attachments were deleted when pages were deleted, sorry.

regards,
KAM