Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Mat Gessel <ma...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/02 01:30:27 UTC

Customizing Eclipse for Tapestry 4 development

Hi all,

I thought I would share my experience customizing Eclipse/Web Tools
Platform for Tapestry 4 development. I wrote up a How-To which you can
see on the Tapestry wiki under HowTos:

http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-tapestry/HowToSetupEclipseWtp

-= Mat

Re: Customizing Eclipse for Tapestry 4 development

Posted by Chris Chiappone <ch...@gmail.com>.
Nice write up!!

Thanks

On 2/1/06, Mat Gessel <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I thought I would share my experience customizing Eclipse/Web Tools
> Platform for Tapestry 4 development. I wrote up a How-To which you can
> see on the Tapestry wiki under HowTos:
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-tapestry/HowToSetupEclipseWtp
>
> -= Mat

~chris

Re: Customizing Eclipse for Tapestry 4 development

Posted by Ron Piterman <rp...@gmx.net>.
thumbsup !!!
ron

Posted by Mat Gessel <ma...@gmail.com>.
I can recreate this exception if I make it so that Tapestry cannot
find my page class file. Tapestry will synthesize a page class from
BasePage if it cannot find your class. Not sure how I feel about this
but that's the way it works. Some thoughts:

1) double-check the package your page class is in

2) double-check that the key in your application spec has the correct package

3) restart the server. Apparently app spec changes require a server
restart to take effect

4) see the troubleshooting section of the article:
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-tapestry/HowToSetupEclipseWtp
Perhaps there is a synchronization problem. Check the temporary
deployment directory for points 1 & 2 above. I've been getting sync
problems a lot lately when I move resources--not sure if it's new in
WTP 1.0 or I'm just doing something different.

-= Mat

Posted by jeff emminger <je...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mat Gessel <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by jeff emminger <je...@gmail.com>.
great work!

Posted by Raul Raja Martinez <do...@estudiowebs.com>.
Hi Vincent, Spindle currently does not support Tapestry 4,
We all know by many postings in this list that Geoff, (the spindle guy)
is working hard to release spindle for T4.

best regards.

Raul Raja.

Posted by Vincent <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mat,

Posted by Mat Gessel <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Vincent,

I don't understand what the problem is. What is happening? What do you see?

Posted by Vincent <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mat,

Posted by Francis Amanfo <fa...@gmail.com>.