Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/13 22:16:16 UTC

Thinking about graduation?

Dear Kalumet,

Reading your report, I don't see any barrier to graduation. This could
be good, insofar as you all could discuss this, and move toward
graduation. Or it could be less good, if you have barriers that you
didn't report.

What do you think?

--benson

Re: Thinking about graduation?

Posted by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl>.
On Dec 13, 2012, at 22:39 PM, Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
> 2012/12/13 Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>:
>> Reading your report, I don't see any barrier to graduation. This could
>> be good, insofar as you all could discuss this, and move toward
>> graduation. Or it could be less good, if you have barriers that you
>> didn't report.
>>
>> What do you think?
> For me, sounds good for next board (next month).
> If we finish first release before :-).

In september, Jukka noted that most commits were done by two committers (Jean-Baptiste and Olivier) and Jean-Baptiste then agreed that before graduation, the community needed to grow in terms of committers and users. I took a quick look at a report that Ohloh generates on Kalumet [1] and I still see 170 out of 178 commits coming from two committers.

Am I somehow looking at wrong data? If not, I would like to see some growth before we vote on graduation. Of course, that's only my opinion, so feel free to disagree.

Greetings, Marcel

[1] http://www.ohloh.net/p/apache-kalumet/contributors/summary

Re: Thinking about graduation?

Posted by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl>.

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
I think I was fooled by the release version # into thinking that there
had been 5 already.

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.

--
Olivier

Re: Thinking about graduation?

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.

--
Olivier

Re: Thinking about graduation?

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Benson,

IMHO, before graduation, we have to:
- release 0.7-incubating release (I'm releasing 0.6-incubating a new
time as the previous one has been cancelled to fix NOTICE and LICENSE file)
- thanks to these releases, we expect to see existing committers (and
new ones) jump into Kalumet and start wider contributions

We will give you an update in our next report.

Thanks !
Regards
JB

--