Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by "M. Manna" <ma...@gmail.com> on 2018/09/03 11:56:49 UTC

Could not find or load main class kafka.Kafka (Eclipse Startup)

Hello,

I completed set up according to cwiki instruction -
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Developer+Setup

I have also built all the sources and jars using `gradlew jarAll`

After that, I created a Scala application configuration in Eclipse to
debug. I provided the sources to log4j config file and server.properties
file location as arguments. After that, I also included the projects
"Clients", "Tools", and "Core" in the classpath. But the broker couldn't be
started in debug mode. I always get the following error.

Error: Could not find or load main class kafka.Kafka

Could someone guide me to fixing this issue? I was able to run this in the
past, but for some reason it has stopped working and I am struggling to get
this back up. I hope I've followed the correct process above.

Regards,