Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by LLTYK <LL...@mailinator.com> on 2011/04/14 16:48:15 UTC

IE7/8 performance issue at tapestry.js:1645

Yes, one line. This is 5.2.5.

I have a huge number of form fields in my form (300+), and instantiating
FieldEventManagers takes forever (multiple seconds) in IE. I profiled it and
found that 60% of it was the up and down selectors used to find the label
element.

I'm not really sure what a general purpose solution is, but I simply removed
that line. I'm guessing it tries to attach the validation bubbles to the
label element instead of the form field? I was fine with it on the form
field.

Re: IE7/8 performance issue at tapestry.js:1645

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
The intent of that change was to avoid having to generate an id for
the label element, since it can be found using its @for attribute.
Plans are afoot to change a lot of how client side validation occurs,
and part of that will be late binding (only finding the label when its
needed, not at page startup).

Thanks for the feedback!

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 7:48 AM, LLTYK <LL...@mailinator.com> wrote:
> Yes, one line. This is 5.2.5.
>
> I have a huge number of form fields in my form (300+), and instantiating
> FieldEventManagers takes forever (multiple seconds) in IE. I profiled it and
> found that 60% of it was the up and down selectors used to find the label
> element.
>
> I'm not really sure what a general purpose solution is, but I simply removed
> that line. I'm guessing it tries to attach the validation bubbles to the
> label element instead of the form field? I was fine with it on the form
> field.

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210