Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by Julien Nioche <li...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/29 14:05:59 UTC

ApacheCon EU Sevilla

Hi,

Sorry for cross posting. As you are probably aware, the ApacheCon Europe,
and Apache Big Data conferences will take place in Seville, Spain, November
14-18, 2016.

http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apache-big-data-europe/

I just submitted a talk on StormCrawler <http://stormcrawler.net> (which
will touch on Apache Nutch as well) and I know that at least 1 other fellow
Nutch committer will be there.

Is anyone else planning on going? It would be interesting not only to catch
up within each respective project but also meet people from other crawl
related projects.

Best regards

Julien

--

*Open Source Solutions for Text Engineering*

http://www.digitalpebble.com
http://digitalpebble.blogspot.com/
#digitalpebble <http://twitter.com/digitalpebble>

Re: ApacheCon EU Sevilla

Posted by BlackIce <bl...@gmail.com>.
I might go!

Re: ApacheCon EU Sevilla

Posted by Mikhail Korobov <km...@gmail.com>.
Hey Julien,

I'm not aware of such plans, but let's keep in touch if something changes!

By the way, StormCrawler front page says that "Unlike other crawlers like Apache
Nutch <http://nutch.apache.org> or Scrapy <http://scrapy.org/>,
storm-crawler is not a ready-to-use software, but a library that developers
can leverage to build their own crawlers." - Scrapy is not a ready-to-use
software, it is not a crawler on itself - it is a framework and a library
to create crawlers.

Re: ApacheCon EU Sevilla

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (3980)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
I’m thinking about it :) Would be great to go.

Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
Chief Architect
Office: 168-519, Mailstop: 168-527
Email: chris.a.mattmann@nasa.gov
WWW:  http://sunset.usc.edu/~mattmann/
Director, Information Retrieval and Data Science Group (IRDS)
WWW: http://irds.usc.edu/