Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Jack McCluskey <jr...@google.com> on 2022/02/03 20:41:23 UTC

Go SDK Native Iterable Side Inputs Design Doc

Hey everyone,

I've started taking a look at adding support for native iterable side
inputs in the Go SDK. For context, everything is currently set up to be
accessed like a multimap side input instead. I've got a brief design doc
going with snippets and code references here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1V7GKjQz_156ZPE0gN86dhbpagsEj6uYf1wEErGxsDOQ/edit?usp=sharing

If you'd like a bit more context around how side inputs work in the Go SDK
in general, the design doc I wrote for implementing MultiMap side inputs is
available here
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GyWdszvtJihqEfyu0yhDbYaLnbqDUwaixcbV5sjbWwE/edit?usp=sharing>
and
on the wiki design docs page.