Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com> on 2022/11/24 14:23:48 UTC

[DISCUSS] ACS 4.17.2.0 release

All,

Based on our 4.18 RM's proposed release schedule in early Q1, we have a few issues that are critical or blocker issues for some users.

Among the issues is one that reports regression in the VPC feature - wherein for new VPCs or existing VPC, VPC VR patching fails when it isn't on the direct network as the management server. A fix for this particular issue would require a new systemvmtemplate which can be either built/shipped separately or re-bundled in the existing 4.17.1.0 packages but could require some systemvmtemplate upgrade process for existing users. I'm leaning towards doing a short 4.17.2.0 which is 4.17.1.0 plus tightly scoped critical/blocker fixes - https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/milestone/26 if there are no objections.

Please share if you've any other critical/blockers issues to report, or if you've any advice. Thanks.

Regards.

Re: [DISCUSS] ACS 4.17.2.0 release

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
All,

Since there were so objections and no further critical/blocker issues proposed by the community, we've worked through the milestone. I'll cut the RC this week after the last remaining item is tested and merged: https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/milestone/26

Regards.

________________________________
Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
All,