Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Karen Miller <km...@pivotal.io> on 2020/02/12 17:55:54 UTC

Feb 2020 Apache Geode quarterly report

I've submitted our quarterly report.  The ASF requests that we no longer
email
the board with the report as part of the process.  So, this email is a copy
of the
report that I submitted.  Karen

Apache Geode is a data management platform that provides a database-like
consistency model, reliable transaction processing and a shared-nothing
architecture to maintain very low latency performance with high concurrency
processing.

## Issues:
There are no issues requiring board attention.

## Membership Data:
Apache Geode was founded 2016-11-15 (3 years ago)
There are currently 107 committers and 52 PMC members in this project.
The Committer-to-PMC ratio is roughly 2:1.

Community changes, past quarter:
- No new PMC members. Last addition was Bill Burcham on 2019-09-08.
- Aaron Lindsey was added as committer on 2019-12-16
- Benjamin Ross was added as committer on 2019-12-06
- Donal Evans was added as committer on 2019-11-22

## Project Activity:
1.11.0 was released on 2019-12-31. We are well on our way to a 1.12.0
release.
Two areas of focus on our code base have been toward fixing tests marked as
flaky, and introducing the ability to specify (authorize) access to data
when
querying a dataset (see
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GEODE/OQL+Method+Invocation+Security
).

## Community Health:
The community is actively contributing to the Apache Geode code base. In the
past quarter:
- 393 emails sent to dev@geode.apache.org
- 315 issues opened in JIRA
- 288 issues closed in JIRA