Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/05 23:00:46 UTC

[jsieve][PROPOSAL] Release 0.2

this release has been hanging around for quite a while now. norman's
been really busy so i unless he has some time now or there are other
volunteers, i'm willing to act as release manager for 0.2.

unless anyone jumps in now, i'll prepare a release candidate in the
next day or two. this will be the first maven release i've cut using
the release plugin so any tips would be apprecoated.

- robert

Re: [jsieve][PROPOSAL] Release 0.2

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org>.
Am Dienstag, den 05.08.2008, 22:00 +0100 schrieb Robert Burrell Donkin:
> this release has been hanging around for quite a while now. norman's
> been really busy so i unless he has some time now or there are other
> volunteers, i'm willing to act as release manager for 0.2.
>
> unless anyone jumps in now, i'll prepare a release candidate in the
> next day or two. this will be the first maven release i've cut using
> the release plugin so any tips would be apprecoated.
>
> - robert

Sorry for the promises... but yeah I'm really busy atm and it seems to
not change the next days :-/

bye
Norman

Re: [jsieve][PROPOSAL] Release 0.2

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 9:03 AM, Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org> wrote:
> Robert Burrell Donkin ha scritto:
>>
>> this release has been hanging around for quite a while now. norman's
>> been really busy so i unless he has some time now or there are other
>> volunteers, i'm willing to act as release manager for 0.2.
>>
>> unless anyone jumps in now, i'll prepare a release candidate in the
>> next day or two. this will be the first maven release i've cut using
>> the release plugin so any tips would be apprecoated.
>
> +1
>
> I always assisted Norman during similar releases using maven and fighting
> maven issues. It's been sometimes funny and sometimes frustrating, but I
> learned a lot.
>
> If you plan to use the m2 build then I'll try it asap with test releases
> locally to see if I can spot early issues.

i plan to use the m2 build since IIRC i fixed up some issues only for
m2 ATM. once this release is cut, we can upgrade javacc etc and i'll
make the ant work well again. i trialed it yesterday and i'm happy
with the artifacts but please give it a whirl.

> If you want some "live" collaboration/debug we can meet on IRC or IM I would
> be glad to help.
>
> I'm often in the #james @ FreeNode IRC channel, and I have skype, icq, msn,
> aol, gtalk accounts.

IRC sounds good

> Thanks to Norman we also have a mini guide:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/project/trunk/HOWTO_RELEASE.txt

cool

> <silentmode>I have to warn you that everytime we do a release something
> changed and there is something new (also because we use some updated plugins
> searching for fixes to our workarounds). Don't tell anyone or Noel will
> quote this sentence over the world saying that even maven supporters say
> they have issues with maven. :-)</silentmode>

i have a traditionally mistrust of maven releases but i'm happy with
the artifacts and we've worked hard on the build for jsieve so i'm
happy to give it a go

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
Robert Burrell Donkin ha scritto:
> this release has been hanging around for quite a while now. norman's
> been really busy so i unless he has some time now or there are other
> volunteers, i'm willing to act as release manager for 0.2.
>
> unless anyone jumps in now, i'll prepare a release candidate in the
> next day or two. this will be the first maven release i've cut using
> the release plugin so any tips would be apprecoated.

+1

I always assisted Norman during similar releases using maven and
fighting maven issues. It's been sometimes funny and sometimes
frustrating, but I learned a lot.

If you plan to use the m2 build then I'll try it asap with test releases
locally to see if I can spot early issues.

If you want some "live" collaboration/debug we can meet on IRC or IM I
would be glad to help.

I'm often in the #james @ FreeNode IRC channel, and I have skype, icq,
msn, aol, gtalk accounts.

Thanks to Norman we also have a mini guide:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/project/trunk/HOWTO_RELEASE.txt

<silentmode>I have to warn you that everytime we do a release something
changed and there is something new (also because we use some updated
plugins searching for fixes to our workarounds). Don't tell anyone or
Noel will quote this sentence over the world saying that even maven
supporters say they have issues with maven. :-)</silentmode>

Stefano