Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by peter royal <pr...@apache.org> on 2007/04/19 06:27:21 UTC

Re: High latency in Mina ?

On Mar 30, 2007, at 10:26 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
> I have done this test on my desktop, with a client on my desktop,
> or with a
> client on another desktop (100 Mb/s ethernet). The volume of
> transfered data
> is not enormous, it's around 1kb per message, so for 2000 messages per
> second, it's around 16 Mb/s, far under the maximum network
> capacity. The
> sockets are never closed, and no new threads are being created.
>
> Ok, I have reached my limit, I don't know MINA enough to go
> farther ... Any
> advice? Any clue?

How is the threading in MINA configured?

For low latency, I recommend:
  * Ensure TCP_NODELAY is set
  * No ExecutorFilter
  * Bump IoProcessor threads instead

I've had good results doing that (for high-connection, small-message
oriented things).

-pete

Re: High latency in Mina ?

Posted by peter royal <pr...@apache.org>.
On Apr 18, 2007, at 9:27 PM, peter royal wrote:
> On Mar 30, 2007, at 10:26 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
>> I have done this test on my desktop, with a client on my desktop,
>> or with a
>> client on another desktop (100 Mb/s ethernet). The volume of
>> transfered data
>> is not enormous, it's around 1kb per message, so for 2000 messages
>> per
>> second, it's around 16 Mb/s, far under the maximum network
>> capacity. The
>> sockets are never closed, and no new threads are being created.
>>
>> Ok, I have reached my limit, I don't know MINA enough to go
>> farther ... Any
>> advice? Any clue?
>
> How is the threading in MINA configured?
>
> For low latency, I recommend:
>  * Ensure TCP_NODELAY is set
>  * No ExecutorFilter
>  * Bump IoProcessor threads instead
>
> I've had good results doing that (for high-connection, small-
> message oriented things).

doh! replied before i realized you had resolved this in another
thread :)

-pete