Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Parag Shah <ad...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/26 09:03:37 UTC

MyFaces 1.2 issue

Hello,

I am using MyFaces 1.2 core jars for a webapp on Tomcat 6.0 (deployed from
within MyEclipse & Eclipse Europa).

The problem is, when the app is started, I get a NullPointerException. The
cause seems to be in these 2 lines (not including all the exception
details):

<2007/07/26 12:17:52>  DEBUG (main).
org.apache.myfaces.webapp.DefaultFacesInitializer.initFaces(
DefaultFacesInitializer.java:100) - jspfactory = null
<2007/07/26 12:17:52>  ERROR (main).
org.apache.myfaces.webapp.DefaultFacesInitializer.initFaces(
DefaultFacesInitializer.java:126) - Error initializing MyFaces: null

My web.xml uses webapp version "2.5" and the relevant xsd.

Here's the version related line from my faces-config

<faces-config version="1.2" xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee"
    xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude"
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/web-facesconfig_1_2.xsd">

Would anyone have a clue what exactly is the JSPFactory and likely reasons
why it cannot be found. If I have some leads, I'll probably go hunting in
the code.

--
Thanks & Regards
Parag

Re: MyFaces 1.2 issue

Posted by Parag Shah <ad...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, it worked... it was the jar dependencies.

--
Regards
Parag

Re: MyFaces 1.2 issue

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmail.com>.
Werner Punz schrieb:
> This is most likely some kind of jar issue, with an old dependency,
> Without further information (web.xml, and jars in the lib dir)
> it is hard to tell:
>
> Get one of those wars
> http://people.apache.org/~werpu/
>
> they are sample applications packed for myfaces 1.2
> (there is a slight packing error, once unpacked remove the jstl 1.1 jar)
>
> They work on Tomcat 6 and should give a good indication on what to pack.

Additionally, I just added a temporary packing, for the latest codebase,
it seems like the value binding error, some people were discovering
has been fixed already,
give the temporary packing a try if it fixes your problem as well.
you can download it from:
http://people.apache.org/~werpu/myfaces12custom.zip
This is more or less the latest nightly build + a missing jar
in the standard packing.
Both issues this one fixes will be resolved by the next version.

Werner

Re: MyFaces 1.2 issue

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmail.com>.