Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by fenbers <Ma...@noaa.gov> on 2012/08/10 00:06:47 UTC

Request Redelivery of Acknowledged Messages

Is there a way for my client app to request redelivery of unexpired messages
that my client has already acknowledged in a previous instance?
Session.recover() will only resend un-acknowledged messages.
Mark

Re: Request Redelivery of Acknowledged Messages

Posted by fenbers <Ma...@noaa.gov>.

    Ah, good articles, and now I know how I shouldn't do it, but still
    not sure how to solve my problem.

    I responded to Dejan's article...

    Thanks for the help!  Another reply is forthcoming on the second
    reply you sent me.
    Mark

    On 8/10/2012 4:36 AM, Raul Kripalani
      [via ActiveMQ] wrote:

      Not that I know of. Once acked, the broker can safely forget about

      that message. Allowing a broker to store messages perpetually
      would

      defeat the purpose of a messaging broker and turn it into a
      database.

      Here's a post that dives deep into consumer acks. You may find it

      useful: http://blog.raulkr.net/2012/08/consumer-acknowledgements-in-activemq.html?m=0 .

      And here's another post by Dejan about the messaging anti-pattern
      of

      using the broker as a DB:

      http://sensatic.net/messaging/messaging-anti-patterns-part-1.html .

      Hope that helps,

      Raúl Kripalani.

      On 9 Aug 2012, at 23:07, fenbers &lt; [hidden email] &gt;
      wrote:

        &gt; Is there a way for my client app to request redelivery of
        unexpired messages

        &gt; that my client has already acknowledged in a previous
        instance?

        &gt; Session.recover() will only resend un-acknowledged
        messages.

        &gt; Mark

        &gt;

        &gt;

        &gt;

        &gt; --

        &gt; Sent from the ActiveMQ - User mailing list archive at
        Nabble.com.

        If you reply to this email, your
          message will be added to the discussion below:
        http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/Request-Redelivery-of-Acknowledged-Messages-tp4654986p4655001.html

        To unsubscribe from Request Redelivery of Acknowledged Messages,
        click
          here .
        NAML

Re: Request Redelivery of Acknowledged Messages

Posted by Raul Kripalani <ra...@fusesource.com>.