Posted to dev@hudi.apache.org by Vinoth Chandar <vi...@apache.org> on 2019/10/21 03:28:47 UTC

[DISCUSS] Rename HIP process to RFC

Someone asked me this and made me thinking about it. While HIP process
covers concrete proposals to Hudi, sometimes we may need to just write up
some ideas and solicit comments (e.g HudiLink
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HUDI/Hudi+for+Continuous+Deep+Analytics
)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Request_for_Comments RFCs are used for
defining, reasoning about Internet standards.

I would like to propose that
- we can rename the HIP process to RFC, with an additional use-case of
covering docs written purely for discussion/feedback. For e.g, Flink
support thread was dense to follow, someone could have used a document to
fully present their ideas (we will still keep discussion on mailing list).
- While I concede renaming may be cosmetic, RFC (Request For Comments) has
a broader scope, which I like. :)

Re: [DISCUSS] Rename HIP process to RFC

Posted by Vinoth Chandar <ma...@gmail.com>.
Thanks all for the constructive comments! Will change the name in cWiki

Posted by vino yang <ya...@gmail.com>.
agree Vinoth, +1

Posted by Vinoth Chandar <vi...@apache.org>.

Posted by vino yang <ya...@gmail.com>.