Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2001/07/03 09:18:31 UTC

Re: war file : writing a webxml file

Viraj Purang <vi...@spincircuit.com> wrote:

> Hi, When building a War file, do we have to make the the "webxml"
> file ourselves or is the default one for each application server
> good enough for use ?

I'm not aware of application server specific content in web.xml -
actually this file is supposed to follow a "standardized" DTD.

As you are going to define your servlet mappings, parameters and all
that in this file, Ant cannot guess the content and therefore doesn't
include default web.xml files.

So yes, you are supposed to provide that file yourself.

Stefan