Posted to dev@dubbo.apache.org by Jun Liu <li...@apache.org> on 2020/10/23 14:10:08 UTC

Define the next generation Dubbo - Dubbo 3.0

Hi, Community

We have discussed Dubbo 3.0 several times in the community, but at this moment we still haven't formed a very clear plan and goal, not to mention a clear Roadmap. Even though I noticed that the community's attention to Dubbo3 is still rising, and community developers have been developing some of the Dubbo new features in various forms, and these should be part of the upcoming Dubbo 3.0.
Based on my understanding of the community discussions, I have concluded the following points. I hope that this time everyone interested can share ideas on the following topics. I will make a summary at the end of this thread on behalf of the community. Hopefully we can finally create a Dubbo 3.0 Roadmap.
	• Cloud Native. These includes:
	    • RPC protocol over HTTP/2, which is much more friendly to mesh, proxy, and mobile devices.
	    • Supporting Kubernetes native service discovery.
	    • Proxyless Mesh as an altervative to Sidecar based mesh.
	    • Adapting to all kinds of Cloud Native concepts and projects.
	• Support large scale clusters with millions of instances
	     • New Service Discovery model with less push and storage costs.
	     • Enriched Traffic Management rules.
	     • Intelligent Load Balance strategies that can automatically distribute traffics among instances based on load.
	• Easy to use
	     • Interface based programming and governance.
	     • Integration with famous RPC frameworks like gRPC to provide out of box usage.

Jun

Re: Define the next generation Dubbo - Dubbo 3.0

Posted by YunKun Huang <ht...@gmail.com>.
How about a management system?
do we need that for 3.x (eg. dubbo-admin) or it can be done by k8s
ecosystem?

Posted by yuhang xiu <ca...@gmail.com>.
hi, jun