Posted to dev@openmeetings.apache.org by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/02 15:34:05 UTC

[VOTE] Apache OpenMeetings 2.1.1 Release Candidate 2

Dear OpenMeetings Community,

I would like to start a vote about releasing Apache OpenMeetings 2.1.1 RC2

RC1 was rejected because of:

- too few VOTE activity

- incomplete README

Main changes are covered in the Readme:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openmeetings/tags/2.1.1RC2/README Full
Changelog:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openmeetings/tags/2.1.1RC2/CHANGELOGRelease
artefacts:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/openmeetings/2.1.1/rc2/ Tag:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openmeetings/tags/2.1.1RC2/ PGP release
keys (signed using C467526E):
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/openmeetings/2.1.1/rc2/KEYS Vote
will be open for 72 hours. [ ] +1 approve [ ] +0 no opinion [ ] -1
disapprove (and reason why) My vote is +1.

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: [VOTE] Apache OpenMeetings 2.1.1 Release Candidate 2

Posted by Irina Arkhipets <ir...@gmail.com>.
Hello All,

My vote is +1.

The only minor thing I've just noticed is that we could disable (or hide)
"Files" and "Actions" -> "Share/record screen" menu items in the room of
the Interview type.
But of course this is not critical for the given release :)

Best regards,
Irina.

Posted by Vasiliy Degtyarev <va...@unipro.ru>.
+1

Posted by Alexei Fedotov <al...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Artyom Horuzhenko <ak...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] Apache OpenMeetings 2.1.1 Release Candidate 2

Posted by Alexei Fedotov <al...@gmail.com>.
Noone ever supposed red5sip to be a part of Openmeetings due to licensing
though I may want otherwise. Adding generally valid statements like "the
Sun is hot" does not make sense for a user.

This will only make a user wonder why the statement is there. The point
with my comment is "please wait for sip till 3.0 or be ready for surprises
in the SIP field". Being honest is important part of our client strategy.

That makes little sense describing how good Openmeetings part of
integration is till we get the whole thing working well unless you address
a person who can fix things. Our users generally are not ready for such
challanges. Judging from a recent phone call from the client they are not
convinced the whole integration works well. You can also check your comment
in the parallel thread concerning "a big problem  with vanishing sound".

Posted by Artyom Horuzhenko <ak...@gmail.com>.